What to do if your food business has received an infringement notice or been charged for breaking a food law

Most food businesses rightly invest time and effort into ensuring that they comply with relevant food laws. But what happens if a municipal council or another food regulatory enforcement agency considers that a breach has occurred? What enforcement options do food law enforcement bodies have and what actions can a food business take in response? This article explains the difference between receiving an infringement notice and being charged, options available to food businesses that have received an infringement notice or charge sheet, and factors to consider when deciding how to respond.

Your current level of membership does not allow you to fully access to this page

To inquire about upgrading your access package please Contact Us or Subscribe Today!
If you need technical support, please contact us on support@foodlegal.com.au